Seattle Homes For SaleSeattle, WA Real Estate
Seattle, WA Real Estate
Homes & Communities
Selling Your Seattle Property
Whether it is a change in lifestyle or a financial decision, there are many reasons sellers choose to list their properties on the market for sale.
Homeowners who owe more on their loan balance than their property will appraise or sell for may have to explore the option of a Short Sale transaction in order to get out from under their mortgage and start fresh.
Regardless of your situation or motivation, we have a team of dedicated selling agents that are happy to answer your questions for no obligation.
Checklist For Selling Real Estate
Similar to the process of getting a mortgage or purchasing a home, selling a property has several steps and details to be aware of.
The following simple checklist will help you gather your thoughts before you start interviewing Seattle real estate agents about selling your property.
Define Why You Need to Sell
- What are your future goals?
- Is this an emotional or financial decision?
- Will you need to do a Short Sale?
- What about renting your property out?
- Would a home remodel be more beneficial?
- How fast do you need to sell?
- Would a Home Equity Line of Credit get you the cash you need?
- Buying again after a short sale
- Do you need to sell before you can qualify for a new mortgage?
Understand The Economics of Selling a Property
- What is your home worth in today’s market?
- How much equity are you really working with?
- Understanding the difference between an appraisal and property comp.
- Knowing how the appraisal process works for buyers.
- Are there any repairs or upgrades you need to make before listing your property?
- Are there any tax consequences in selling now vs later?
- What are the real estate and/or legal expenses?
- What will the final mortgage payoff and other liens be?
- Is it better to short sale or foreclose and walk away?
Plan Your Selling Strategy
- Benefits of hiring a real estate agent.
- Understanding the difference between a buyer’s and seller’s market
- Will you be living in the property while it is on the market?
- How available will your property be for buyers to preview?
- Are you comfortable with holding an open house?
- What do you expect from a real estate listing agent?
While you are considering your options, please feel free to browse our real estate search map for recent closings and current listings so that you can get a feel for the local real estate market trends in your neighborhood.
Please feel free to call us at any time if you would like a free comprehensive analysis of what your property may sell for in today’s market.